Agricultural Tax Exemptions

By January 1, 2012, members engaged in agricultural operations must apply for a state-issued registration number to be eligible for Agricultural Tax Exemptions. The Texas Comptroller’s Office issues this registration number. Applicants can apply for a registration number three different ways:


             Download paper application to mail in

             Request a paper application by calling 1-800-252-5555

Medina EC must have a Texas Agricultural Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification (Form 01-924), including the state-issued registration number, on file before January 1, 2012 or sales tax will be applied in the new year until this form is received. This change is due to the passing of House Bill 268.  Members can provide their exemption certification (Form 01-924) to Medina EC in numerous ways- 

             Fax: 1-830-426-2796


             Mail:   Attn: Customer Service PO Box 370

                       Hondo, Texas 78861

            In person: Drop the form off at any district office 

 If you have additional questions for Medina EC regarding this issue, please send us an e-mail anytime to or call 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) during regular business hours to speak to a member service representative.