December Work Locations
Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during December
- Crews with Line Tech Services are replacing power poles in the D'Hanis area. The work will continue until the end of 2018. Crews inspected poles in that area in 2017, and now replacement are being done as deemed necessary.
- There is 2.5 miles of line being rebuilt along CR 4516 near Dunlay so it can support the larger electric load being put on the system by growth in the area. A new substation is also being constructed by South Texas Electric Cooperative in this same area.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work
Rights-of-way work is occurring in the areas below. The type of work happening in each location is noted. Unless otherwise noted, the work will go on during all of 2018. The majority of ROW work is done by contractors. You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
- Montell - Tree trimming and brush clearing
- A large portion of Jim Hogg and Brooks counties - Tree trimming, brush clearing and herbicide treatment
- North of Castroville, towards Medina Lake - Tree trimming, brush clearing and herbicide treatment
- Starr County - Herbicide treatment
- Medina County - clearing throughout the county in preparation for 2019 projects
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.
Updating Member Information
In addition, the cooperative is working to update contact information for all members. If you receive an email or letter asking your to verify the information we currently have on file for you, it is likely from the cooperative. All correspondence will have current information printed on it, for you to either verify or correct. The forms will not be blank. Information we will be verifying includes name, mailing address, phone numbers, email and use of electricity. We will not ask for social security numbers, driver's license numbers, date of birth or any bank or credit card information. If you receive a letter or email and are unsure of if it came from the cooperative, please do not hesitate to call us to verify. All members that verify and/or update their information will be entered to win a $25 bill credit.