February: Work Locations & Updates
Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC contractors and crews frequently during February:
- Tree trimming and brush clearing work will be occurring in the following areas. You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
- A large portion of Zapata and Jim Hogg counties and an area of Brooks County.
- Work is being done on a line near the Fowlerton and Los Angeles substations.
- Crews are replacing some power poles in the D'Hanis area. Crews from Line Tech Services are doing the work for the cooperative, and the work will continue until the end of 2018. Crews inspected poles in that area in 2017, and now replacement are being done as deemed necessary.
- Crews are inspecting more than 2,500 power poles in the Dilley area. Crews fronm QPI are performing the inspections and will be in the area until June.
- Crews are working to clear trees and brush around power lines along Highway 90. They will be working along the road in Sabinal and Castroville from January 22 until mid-March.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.
Updating Member Information
In addition, the cooperative is working to update contact information for all members. If you receive an email or letter asking your to verify the information we currently have on file for you, it is from the cooperative. All correspondence will have current information printed on it, for you to either verify or correct. The forms will not be blank. Information we will be verifying includes name, mailing address, phone numbers, email and use of electricity. We will not ask for social security numbers, driver's license numbers, date of birth or any bank or credit card information. If you receive a letter or email and are unsure of if it came from the cooperative, please do not hesitate to call us to verify. All members that verify and/or update their information will be entered to win a $25 bill credit.