January: Work Locations & Updates
Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC contractors and crews frequently during January:
- Tree trimming and brush clearing work will be occurring in the following areas. You can learn more about our vegetation management program here.
- A large portion of Zapata and Jim Hogg counties and an area of Brooks County.
- Work is being done on a line near the Fowlerton and Los Angeles substations.
- Contractors from various companies may be seen around Medina EC's system looking at vegetation so they can prepare bids for 2018 work. Bids are due at the end of January, so members may see them until then.
- Crews are replacing some power poles in the D'Hanis area. Crews from Line Tech Services are doing the work for the cooperative, and the work will continue until the end of 2018. Crews inspected poles in that area in 2017, and now replacement are being done as deemed necessary.
- Crews are working to clear trees and brush around power lines along Highway 90. They will be working along the road in Sabinal and Castroville from January 22 until mid-March.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.