Load will be shed Tuesday, 7/17, at 3:15 p.m. Power will be restored by 6:15 p.m.
Approximately 75% of irrigation members participate in the load management program. This program is designed and closely controlled to reduce the peak use when power is the most expensive. A portion of these savings are passed on to irrigation members who are enrolled prior to April 1, by reducing the horsepower cost by $1.00/hp per month. To learn more about the background of this program, click here.
Facts about Load Management
- Program is only available for meters serving irrigation pumps.
- Member must sign a contract to get reduced horsepower cost from $2.35/hp to $1.35/hp.
- Member must sign and deliver agreement to any Medina EC district office on or before April 1. If a member terminates the agreement, the reduction of $1.00/hp/month must be paid back to Medina EC.
- System peak is directly related to the temperature and weather patterns, which vary year to year. Typically, load management starts on the first business day of June and ends on the last business day of September.
- Members are controlled not more than three hours at a time and not more than once per calendar day. Load control can occur any day of the week, including weekends.
Members interested in signing up for load management can request an agreement at any of our offices or call 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532).
Load Management Logs
Load management logs for the past three years can be viewed here. If you would like to see load management logs for previous years, please contact our offices.