Work Locations and Updates
Here is where you can expect to frequently see Medina EC crews and contractors.
- Linetec is replacing poles in the areas south and north of Hondo, Bigwells, Devine, and the Freer area. This work will continue throughout 2023.
- Linetec is replacing poles and updating equipment in Rio Medina and Castroville areas to help the cooperative improve reliability and help meet additional power demands from area growth. This work will occur through 2023.
- Schneider Engineering crews will be checking and staking poles in the Natalia area. They will also be in the Castroville area around FM1957/Potranco and surrounding neighborhoods. This is for the rebuild of power lines in the Natalia area that will happen later this year.
- Schneider Engineering will be in the area inspecting equipment through February 2023 to prepare for a future conversion.
- M&S Engineering will be in the area inspecting equipment through the end of the year to prepare for a future conversion.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program and find a map of the 2023 work locations here.
MEC has several 2023 Vegetation Management projects this year. Work consists of trimming trees for line clearance, brush removal, and treating cut brush in fences. Contractors and work areas are listed below:
Projects that have started this year and will continue through 2023:
- Cedar Beetle crews are working on right of way clearing in the Pearsall area and west out FM 140.
- Cedar Beetle crews are working on right of way clearing in the areas west of Moore and near Yancey along FM 462 South.
- Pannell Co. crews are working on right of way clearing North of Uvalde along US HWY 83 up FM 1051 and past Reagan Wells and continuing up Hwy 55 just north of Uvalde.
- Pannell Co. crews are working on right of way cleaning north of D'Hanis up FM 1796 and north of Hondo off FM 462.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.