Work Locations and Updates
Here is where you can expect to frequently see Medina EC crews and contractors.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services and Lamar Technical Services will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area.
- Linetec is replacing poles in the areas south and north of Hondo, in Folwerton, and the Freer area. This work will continue throughout 2022.
- Crews with Exelon Clearsight are inspecting poles and wires between Charlotte and Fowlerton. They will be doing ground and aerial inspections and will be utilizing a drone for part of their work.
- Linetec is replacing poles in Rio Medina and Castroville areas to help the cooperative improve reliability and help meet additional power demands from area growth. This work will occur through 2022.
- Schneider Engineering crews will be checking and staking poles in the Natalia area through mid-May. They will also be in the Castroville area around FM1957/Potranco and surrounding neighborhoods. This is for the rebuild of power lines in the Natalia area that will happen later this year.
- LineTec crews are inspecting and updating equipment and poles in the Montell area preparing for meter upgrades.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program and find a map of the 2022 work locations here.
MEC has several 2022 Vegetation Management projects this year. Work consists of trimming trees for line clearance and brush removal. Contractors and work areas are listed below:
Projects that should be complete by end of July 2022:
- Cedar Beetle crews are finishing in the Hondo area.
Projects that start in May and be complete by August 2022:
- Rafter 7 crews are treating regrown and spraying brush between Castroville and Hondo.
- Rafter 7 crews are treating regrown and spraying brush in the area north of Uvalde.
- IVM Solutions, also known as Roadside Inc., will be treating regrowth and spraying brush in Devine and Natalia areas.
Projects that will start and continue through 2022:
- Cedar Beetle crews have started clearing in the Pearsall area.
- Pannell Co. have started clearing north of Uvalde.
- Pannell Co. have started clearing areas between D’Hanis and Hondo.
- Cedar Beetle crews are working on right of way clearing clearing in the Pearsall area and west out FM 140.
- Pannell Co. crews are working on right of way clearing North of Uvalde along US HWY 83 up FM 1051 and past Reagan Wells.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.