Outage Alerts Through SmartHub
SmartHub now has the ability to send you a text message or email notification when you lose power and when our system shows your power is restored.
To set up your notifications:
- Go to SmartHub. You will have to visit SmartHub from a computer. The options to sign up for these notifications are not available on the app or mobile version at this time.
- If you have already registered, log in using your credentials. If you haven't registered, click on the New User link and register. You will need your billing account number, which you can find on your most recent electric bill.
- Once you are logged in, click the Notifications tab in the blue menu bar. Choose Manage Notifications from the drop-down menu.
- You will see options for notifications on billing , usage, service and miscellaneous. Select Service.
- Check the box for Power Outage or Power Restored, or both depending on your preference. An Options box will appear to the right of those items once that box is checked. Click on Options.
- Select the account(s) you want alerts set up for. Please note that if you have more than one account, the text message will not specify which account the outage is for.
- Once you have selected the account, the meter for that account should appear by default. Be sure it has a check mark next to it and that it is the correct meter.
- Your cell phone and/or email should appear under Contacts, depending on the information Medina EC has on file for your account. Select where you prefer to get notifications and hit Save Subscriptions.
- If you're wishing to get notifications for both outages and restoration, be sure you set repeat the Options set up for both.
Once you have signed up from a computer, you should get text or email notifications when we show your meter to have an outage or when we show power to be restored. If we show power to be restored and you are still without power, it is very important that you report your outage again. That helps crews know that you have an individual outage and that the work they did on the other portion of the line feeding your location did not restore your power like they thought it would.
There's an app for that! SmartHub is also available as an app for Android or Apple. Search SmartHub and download it. From the app, you can pay your bill, report outages and view historical use.
Have questions? Don't hesitate to let us know at Info@MedinaEC.org.