Here is where you can expect to see Medina EC crews and contractors frequently during December.
- Crews with Allegiant Utility Services and Lamar Technical Services will be inspecting and updating equipment throughout our service area.
- These crews will be in the Natalia area until the middle of January. As part of this work, contractors may be photographing Medina EC equipment and poles. Members in impacted areas have been notified by postcards and email, and they will get an email following the work with new account information they may want to record.
- If you are in the D'Hanis area, most work is complete there. If you received a postcard about work taking place there from January to March of 2021, please ignore; it was sent in error.
- Crews with LineTec are replacing poles and installing equipment in the Pearsall, Big Foot and Frio Town areas.
- LineTec will be rebuilding existing powerlines along the west side of FM 471 north from CR 477 to FM 1957 due to the continual growth in this area.
- LineTec will begin changing out poles and upgrading equipment in the Lopeno area. This work started in October and will go through January.
Tree Trimming and Vegetation Management Work:
You can learn more about our vegetation management program and see a map of where work is taking place here.
- Asplundh is clearing in the Natalia area, primarily in the areas around State Hwy 132, FM 463 and FM 471, and in the Devine area, primarily west of Devine along FM 2200 going towards Yancey. They began clearing in both these areas in March and will be finished by the end of 2020.
- Crews with Cedar Beetle LLC. will continue clearing right of ways in Montell area along Highway 55, through the end of 2020.
- Contractor crews are in the Hondo, Natalia, Devine, Castroville, and Montell areas inspecting ROWs for future work. These contractors are not performing any work at this time and are only looking at areas to prepare bids. Members impacted will be notified if/when work is scheduled to happen. You may see these contractors inspecting ROWs: Asplundh Tree Expert Co., Cedar Beetle, Chemical Weed Control, Edko, FTS Monarch Mountain, McCoy's Tree Surgery, Rafter 7 Ranch Construction, IVM Solutions DBA Roadside Inc., Concan Services, Morales Dozer Service, Rocking H Construction.
All Medina EC contractors have letters showing that they are an approved contractor along with the dates of the work. If you see someone suspicious, do not hesitate to ask them for their credentials. You may also call our office at 1-866-MEC-ELEC (632-3532) and our staff will verify contractor locations.