Vehicle Donation Program
For the third year in a row, Medina EC was able to award retired MEC trucks to VFDs.
This year's recipients are:
- Bigfoot VFD - 2011 Chevy Silverado, 1/2 ton, 4WD, extended cab - 176,630 miles
- Charlotte VFD - Ford F-150, 1/2 ton, 4WD, extended cab - 161,744 miles
Trucks are donated as is. Any necessary repairs or changes are the responsibility of the VFD.
VFDs do not have to members of Medina EC to apply, but must serve one of the following counties:
If you have any questions on the program, please email us at MyCoop@MedinaEC.org or call 1-866-MEC-ELEC.
- Ata-Bexar County Line VFD - 2011 Ford F-350 4X4 XL 5.4 V8, Regular Cab with Service Body - 171,954 miles
- Christine VFD - 2009 Ford F-350 4X4 XL 5.4 V8, Regular Cab with Service Body - 151,859 miles
- El Cenizo VFD - 2011 Ford F-350 4X4 XL 5.4 V8, Regular Cab with Service Body - 166,572 miles
- Reagan Wells VFD - 2008 Ford F-250 4x4 XL 5.4 V8, Regular Cab with Service Body - 170,525 miles
- Nueces Canyon VFD - 2007 Ford F-250 4x4 XL 5.4 V8, Regular Cab with Service Body - 183,517 miles
This program is evaluated annually, and at this time is unknown whether vehicles be available for 2018. Watch for more details starting in the spring of 2018.